S.B. 1343 requires all employers of 5 or more employees to provide one hour of sexual-harassment and abusive-conduct prevention training to non-managerial employees and two hours of sexual-harassment and abusive-conduct prevention training to managerial employees once every two years. Both managerial and non-managerial employees MUST receive training by January 1, 2020.
S.B. 1343 also requires employees who were trained in 2018 or prior to be retrained.
Overview of Event:
Keith W. Carlson and Jehan N. Jayakumar, founding partners of Carlson & Jayakumar, LLP, a healthcare law and employment litigation firm, and OCMA partner, will be providing a free, 2-hour sexual harassment and abusive-conduct prevention training session for OCMA members.
A certificate of completion will be e-mailed to participants within one week of completing the training.
• Defining and recognizing the different types of sexual harassment
• Personal liability for harassment claims
• Employer liability standards
• Sources of rules to bear in mind
• Enforcing your organization’s sexual harassment policy
• Investigating and handling complaints
Training is free of charge for all OCMA members.